Reiki Pre-Natal, Birthing, and Post-Partum Care
Many expecting and new mothers ask us if Reiki is a safe and natural healing modality to be used during pregnancy and after child birth. The answer is yes!
Reiki is an intuitive and gentle energy and can do no harm. It knows the condition of the client , where balance and healing is needed, and therefore adjusts appropriately. All over the world, pregnant mothers continue to report their benefits from receiving treatments during their pregnancy, during the birthing process, and afterwards. In fact, many women and their partners receive Reiki training as this provides an opportunity for mothers to give on the spot self-treatments and partners to bond with the baby on the way and feel connected to the pregnancy. Trained Reiki moms also report the pleasure of giving Reiki to their nursing babies.
Reiki treatments can offer many benefits for conceiving, pregnant, and postpartum women:
- Conception: Reiki has been shown to increase fertility in both men and women.
- Pregnancy: Reiki may reduce many common discomforts in early pregnancy such as exhaustion and nausea. It also helps release stress and promotes relaxation. Throughout pregnancy, Reiki can be used to treat lower back pain, tension in the neck and shoulders, and insomnia. It may also help ease anxiety and fear surrounding childbirth and motherhood. A recent study at the Hartford Hospital in Connecticut showed that Reiki used during pregnancy on a regular basis reduced stress and anxiety by 94 percent, pregnancy-related pain by 78 percent, and nausea and morning sickness by 80 percent. Quality of sleep was improved by 86 percent.
- Postpartum: Reiki promotes physical healing after childbirth and supports emotional balance during the transition into motherhood.
Additional Reiki Benefits for mothers, support partners and babies:
- Reiki relieves pain from contractions and reduces anxiety during labor
- Reiki has been shown to make the baby wiggle with pleasure in the womb, and also has a calming effect on both the mother and the child.
- When the time to give birth arrives, Reiki helps to ease the pain and creates a peaceful atmosphere for the baby.
- Reiki helps the body to maintain its natural, chemical and physiological balance and supports the bodies relaxation response.
- Reiki supports the bodies natural and innate ability to heal itself after birth.